Purchases and sales
Bits and pieces
Marsha Perelle sent the following news:
Upcoming  2019 High Point Shows
plus any other open shows around
Kathy Dorius Spring  show                      May 9-11     South Jordan Equestrian Center
Larry Weight Summer classic                 Aug 15-17   South Jordan Equestrian Center
Howard Franklin Classic                         July 11-13"   "               "              "
UABHA Champion show                         Sept 19-21     "
Utah Morgan and  all breed show           

Eastern Idaho State Fair  (Lots of Morgan classes)   Sept 1-7                        Blackfoot Idaho Fairgrounds
All youth fun shows                                                  June  27                            Kaysville  Utah
All Morgan  show                                                      Aug  9-10                       Moonridge Farm Preston Idaho
The Return of Bourbon
In May 1997, a gaited chestnut colt was born, sired by Dees Sunday Supreme and out of my husband Johnís mare, Perelleís Katie. As he reached the age of 2, I had been thinking about keeping him for my husband, to replace Katie when she got too old for those tough rides he sometimes goes on. When Bourbon (Perelleís Bourbon Supreme) was 3, a lady (Laurel) first e-mailed me and then, made the trip from Elko, Nevada to our place in Lehi, Utah. She decided she wanted to purchase a pretty Morgan mare that was in foal, and then she saw Bourbon and said he would be perfect for her husband, well, I told her he wasnít for sale and for the next few weeks she nagged me over and over to sell him, we finally gave in and sold the mare and Bourbon. We hauled them to Elko, Nevada, her husband (Wes) had never seen Bourbon, when we took him out of the trailer, he was grinning from ear to ear, I think it was love at first sight. We have stayed in touch through the years and the day came where Wes couldnít ride anymore, due to a mining accident and they decided to give Bourbon to their farrier who had just lost his good mare. She called me about a week later and told me, I was a bit sad that she hadnít thought of the fact that we didnít want to sell him in the first place. That was in August, 2010 and in February, 2011 Laurel called me and told me that their farrier had told them that he was just too busy with shoeing horses and his other business that he was going to get out of horses for a while. Laurel then told him that we wanted the gelding and he agreed. She called us and told us to come and get him, he was ours if we still wanted him. John called farrier to let him know we wanted him and he said to come straight to his place and that he didnít want us to deal with Laurel and Wes (now I know why). At the end of February, 2011 my husband  John found a day that was decent enough to travel and he took off at 4:00 in the morning for Winnemucca, Nevada, taking a good friend (Dean) with him to help him drive since, they were going to turn right around and bring Bourbon home. Well, there was a problem finding the farriers place because he wouldnít answer his phone and they finally called and got directions from Laurel and her phone book and when they pulled into the farrierís yard, the temperature was 1 degree. He pulled up to the corral and was horrified, he saw 3 of the skinniest horses heíd ever seen, one of them came single-footing up and he knew that was Bourbon. The farrier came out and tried to catch Bourbon; he reared and didnít want anything to do with him. He finally caught him and handed him over to John who loaded him and left. The farrier wasnít having hard times or anything, he had a huge haystack; I canít imagine having all that hay and not feeding your animals. No wonder his ďgood mareĒ died, it probably starved to death. Around 6:00 PM that night, John and Dean pulled into our yard and unloaded Bourbon. He is putting on weight now and I really do think he remembers us. Now, if the weather will co-operate, John will try out his new ride, if he can even  get on him, I donít know what Laurel and Wes fed him but heís TALL, Over 16 hands! Laurel and Wes had no idea the farrier wasnít feeding his horses, they didnít know where he lived and thought that they had given him a good home, when they heard what kind of condition Bourbon was in they were extremely angry, Wes will not let the farrier on his property and Laurel has to find someone else to shoe her Morgan. Johnís mare Katie died about 3 years ago and heís missed her ever since and heís happy her son Bourbon has come home.

Marsha Perelle                    
   Perelleís Morgans, Lehi Utah           
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to let you all know I just recieved a phone call from Jamie. She was in an accident on Friday. She was pulling her horse trailer. The truck rolled twice and the trailer rolled once. She was ejected from the vehicle. She had her son and dog with her also. They are fine just some bumps and bruises. Jamie sustained 5 broken ribs, a broken back and a broken neck. She will be going home today (Tuesday, 9th). She will be recovering for the next 10 weeks maybe longer. Her horse Henry is doing fine he sustained some bruising and abrasions. He does have a sore back also. The vet said he will be ok. He is at Annette Coesters and she will be caring for him there. She said she is sorry she won't be at the Morgan Show. She will be thinking about us. We need to remember her in our thoughts and prayers.
News & Events
Lots of Fun pictures
Club Newsletters
2019  Up Coming Events

June 6  10 am
Huntseat/Jumping clinic  at Kathy Johnsons
in Kaysville Utah

June 27 
Open Youth show  and games
at Kathy Johnsons

Aug 9-10   Morgan Horse show and Open youth show
at  Moonridge Farm in Preston Idaho

Please email or text for directions and addresses
   208-317-3259             moonridge@hotmail.com